Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bad Baby


Above is our much-anticipated entry into the Summit Brewery short film contest. The only requirements were to keep it under five minutes in length and to include a Summit product placement. We decided to make ours an actual commercial for the beer, but that was only because it seemed to fit. Overall, I'm pleased with the way this one turned out. Aside from a few minor continuity problems and amateur lighting, the only major defect is my own acting. I regret not calling in another actor for this one. But let's focus on the positive for once. What we have here is a sharp, quirky little film that I believe defies viewers' expectations with its offbeat tone and cute baby antics (yes, we went there). Thanks to everybody who helped get this made!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, It looks like a winner to me! The little kid might not have any lines, but he stole the show with his camera present, personality and drool on cue. The only suggestion I would make is to have the mom put the milk bottle down next to the baby as she puts him down and then have the wife make a comment about the fact that she picked up your favorite beer for you to have with dinner. but it still works well and I look forward to the big party at Summit Bewery. Best of luck, Grandpa of the Fonz