Monday, April 02, 2007

DC

Today is my 28th birthday. Time goes fast, I don't feel that old, etc. You've heard it all before. I won't get all philosophical on you. My cherry blossom girl and I spent Saturday in Washington, DC, doing the tourist thing. It was good to see the array of iconic monuments and memorials, as well as the awesome blossoms (yes, thank you, I am a dork) currently in bloom. We had a unique dinner (steamed muscles, quail, crab stuffed peppers, shrimp, and white asparagus) at a Spanish tapas restaurant. Afterwards the hiccups won another battle over me. I thought the lack of drinking would keep my system in line, but that theory proved false. Luckily, I have a sweet, patient wife who got me back home safe. She also had to take care of me on Sunday when my left eye was bugging me. Apparently I somehow scratched it the night before because I woke up on Sunday with foggy vision, a painful sand-in-the-eye feeling, and a bottomless tear duct. Miraculously it started to clear itself up by the end of yesterday (I think it was the blueberry/banana smoothie that cured me), and today it's back to normal again. I felt very baby-like and helpless over the weekend, yet also too old and less invincible than usual. I should be in my prime at 28, so what's up with that? Am I going to be one of those people who dread their birthday every year, especially the ones for ages that end in zero? Check with me again exactly two years from now, and I should be able to better answer that.

0 comments: