Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Series of Wrong Numbers


I put out a call for entries back in the fall of 2005. After receiving all of the entries I would get by January 2006, I let the editing sit for a year, half holding out for additional submissions, half too busy with other projects to get to it. Now, at long last, I finally present the completed "A Series of Wrong Numbers". If you remember the concept, then you know this is more of an experiment than an actual movie. In some ways, it's an experiment that failed because when it comes down to it, it's not that interesting to watch. The slow pace might test your patience. But please watch it to the end. You'll see something new from me there: my first foray into music. I created the score for the final scene and also for the closing credits. The score is an experiment in itself -- sort of a test before I attempt something similar on more serious projects. I'm not much of a musician, but I like the idea of not being dependent on anyone else to create my soundscapes. I want the ability to tailor sounds for exactly what I need. That way I can create videos in the future that are from my head in the purest form possible.

Thanks very much to those of you who contributed a segment to the project. You did an outstanding job. The flaws in the final product are not yours; rather, they are problems in the overall concept. I was impressed with your imagination and appreciate your support of another one of my crazy ideas.

0 comments: