Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunlight

It was revitalizing to get outside over the weekend. On Saturday we spent the afternoon working on the yard and cleaning the cars. On Sunday we took the bikes for a spin through Rockford/Brandywine Park and stopped for lunch in Trolley Square. This was the first weekend of the year with beautiful weather; I'm glad we were able to take advantage of it. The only bad thing about a weekend like this is we didn't get much done inside the house, such as the usual chores and the editing of the latest BLFC segment. I'm going to be feeling some pressure during the evenings this week to get the video done, especially since R and I are going out of town next weekend. I've been cutting down the time it takes me to edit these things, but I'm still not exactly quick.

On Saturday night we went out to dinner at Mikimotos and then attended a play, courtesy of our friend Chris who had extra tickets. It was opening night of Shakespeare's Henry V put on by the Delaware Theater Company. The minimalist set and the actors playing multiple parts -- sometimes going to battle with themselves -- reminded me of a group of kids playing at a tree fort and required a stretch of my imagination. The moments of inventiveness, however, like a shadow duel behind a canvas screen followed by the characters stepping out in front of the screen and splashing cups of fake blood on it, saved it for me. As glorious as our HDTV is, a night of entertainment and culture away from it was welcomed. Plus, they don't serve champagne and dessert at our house after we watch a DVD.

0 comments: