Tuesday, April 15, 2008

There's something fiche-y about this sandwich

I shot another 20-second, goof-off video last weekend with the pictured sandwich, but I don't think this one is going to make it online. It was meant to be the second part of a loosely planned "fish trilogy" (the first part of which you witnessed here), but the results just didn't do it for me. Maybe if part 3 turns out well I'll go back and re-shoot part 2. Or maybe I'll just move on to something more ambitious. I'm antsy to get behind the camera again. My upcoming music video shoot, which is proving hard to schedule, should be what I need. It's definitely more "meaty" than these little tests I've been playing with.

I'm in Madison for work this week. Things are starting to feel more comfortable out here. I was really on edge during my first few business trips. Being surrounded by strangers all day, being under pressure to get some serious work done, re-learning how to sleep alone, and eating way too much at every meal all did a number on my sleep habits. Now the biggest downside is just being away from home. I miss my time with R. I was also informed today that there's a change that needs to be made to my Restaurant Week commercial because one of the restaurants dropped out at the last minute. I can't make the change right now -- and it's eating me up inside -- because I don't have the resources on my work laptop. The 30-second spot was supposed to start airing on local cable tomorrow, but now it will be delayed. It will be online eventually as well. That's another link I will owe you.

The weekend was fun, although not terribly eventful. Having enjoyed this year's Oscar nominees so much we decided to dig into past to catch others we missed the first time around. On Friday it was Amadeus, the winner of best picture in 1985. It proved to be an absorbing epic that demands a good home theater. We caught the documentary In the Shadow of the Moon on Saturday night, which kind of put the moon landings in better perspective for me. The rest of the weekend involved the usual things (not that watching movies is unusual). Oh, and I mowed the lawn for the first time of the year.

I better get to bed. There are some long days left in this week. I get back home around midnight on Thursday... and then I need to make that editing change so I can deliver the tape before work on Friday morning. There are four words that need to be removed from the voice over (in addition to the corresponding video), and I'm really hoping it doesn't need to be completely re-recorded in order to get rid of them. Excising a word from mid-sentence doesn't always work.

0 comments: