Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Bud Light Film Crew #16

This video is a step forward in the evolution of the series. I'm considering it the first official Bug Light video recorded with my new camera. I used it for the January video too but that was before I knew what I was doing, so it doesn't count. No shooting was required for the February video since it was just a re-edit of earlier footage (although I do consider it my crowning achievement of Bud Light work done with the old camera). And I wasn't involved with the March video, other than to lend out the camera, so that doesn't count either. Now, finally, we have the April video. The quality -- the detail, the color -- is outstanding, even at the lower, web-friendly resolution. The camera is capable of so much more; I'm not even shooting in HD yet.

Okay, that's enough about my love affair with the camera. Check out the video:

www.BudLightFilmCrew.com

It came together relatively quickly and easily. Most of my effort went into trying to accurately capture the personality of the eight host candidates in a matter of only a few minutes so viewers can vote for the best person for the job. With the exception of the opening sequence, I kept the editing unobtrusive, which is important in a video where the content takes priority over style. The opposite will likely be the case in my upcoming music video, where the plot is beside the point.

0 comments: