Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sk8 Jam

On Saturday afternoon I shot some footage at Wilmington's Skate Jam for a promotional video Gordon is putting together. The group of skateboarders holding the event is trying to raise money to build a skate park in the city so they were happy to have me there to help get the word out. Plus, I think they enjoyed showing off for the camera, especially the younger kids. They were always checking to see if I caught the wicked move they just pulled off. The challenge was to get close to the action without getting hit by it. It was a fun shoot.

Friday night we went to the play 12 Angry Men at DuPont Theatre. I recognized one of the actors in it, Richard Thomas, from the movie Wonderboys and the Stephen King mini-series It. It was a good show, although sometimes I wonder if plays are worth the money since, in this case, we didn't have the greatest seats in the house and since I prefer the composition of movies. And if we did have good seats at a play or some other live show, they'd probably call me up on stage and embarrass me the best they can. It's happened before. Anyway, I don't regret attending the play because it was fun to have a night on the town with my lovely wife and it's good to vary the intake of culture once in a while. Plus, it was an entertaining story with good performances and writing. I wouldn't mind seeing the movie adapation from 1957 to compare.

Not much else to report, at least not that I can disclose at this time. We have something major brewing in the background that I'm anxious to write about, but I'm going to keep quiet a while longer. Keep checking back for updates.

0 comments: