Thursday, October 12, 2006

PC vs. Me

Without any further ado I am finally posting my new web video. After all the build up I’ve provided you with over the past month and a half, you’re probably expecting the next Lord of the Rings. Well, please set your expectations a bit lower. This is a modest little movie, the first I made specifically for the web.

It’s becoming increasingly obvious that the future of television and home video lies on the Internet; the idea of needing a disc to watch a movie is already starting to seem old fashioned. Everything is changing: marketing, distribution, the studio system. I’m excited to witness this merging of technology and to be able to participate, at least a little bit, in such an early stage of the transition.

I also want to take this opportunity to plug the band whose music you can hear in my video. They are a group consisting of my brother, my cousin, and my uncle; and they call themselves EmptyGym (one word, not two). This marks my first collaboration with them and definitely not my last. Having access to terrific-sounding, royalty free music for my movies is a treat. I hope they keep up the good work.

0 comments: