Friday, October 06, 2006

Chester cheesesteak

My boss took me out for my first official cheesesteak on Thursday. I've had similar sandwiches at Subway and Quizno's, but I hadn't tried the real thing out here yet. Of course there has been some debate as to whether or not yesterday's sandwich qualifies as the "real thing" because it was actually made in Chester, PA and not Philadelphia. My coworkers further qualified that a cheesesteak needs to be eaten at 2am after a night of heavy drinking (that's one requirement that would be hard to fulfill during the work day) and it should be made at a place that refuses to serve you if you order it wrong. My boss is already talking about how we are going to drive into the city for our next cheesesteak. That's the plan as long as in the meantime we don't die of heart attacks from the first one.

0 comments: