Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another weekend, another wedding in Minnesota

R picked me up from work on Friday, and we hopped on a jet plane bound for our home land. We spent that night and the following morning visiting R's mom, who was then kind enough to take us on a tour of our old neighborhood in St. Paul before dropping us off at my cousin's wedding. It was a very nice wedding and equally nice reception at the luxurious St. Paul Hotel, where R and I spent Saturday night. The next morning we grabbed breakfast with my parents and made our way up the 26th mile marker of the Twin Cities Marathon to watch R's good friend E pass by -- way to go E! We also met up with her and her family at the end of the race to hang out for a bit. Next, we had coffee with my friend L (are you getting tired of all these initials yet?), who later brought us to the airport. Yes, the weekend went by in a flash, but, man, it was great to see everybody we saw, and we really enjoyed the fall weather. Minnesota can be an attractive place to be when the weather is right.

Those of you still waiting to see my new online video, hang in there. I'm disappointed to say the magazine decided not to use it for their ad campaign. I might still work with them on another project, but the magazine staff "would like to have more say on the message that is going out there." Their response was pretty positive otherwise. In other words, they seemed to like the video, but it was not what they were looking for. That means I'm free to release it to the world on my own, albeit without the wide distribution it would have had through the magazine. I'll need to remove the magazine references from it before I post it on YouTube, so give me a weekend or so to do that. You'll be seeing it soon. I've also had some rejuvenated enthusiasm over the "Wrong Number" project during the last few days, so I hope to get that wrapped up relatively soon as well, although I know I've said that before. None of these projects require much time, but lately it's been difficult to find any time at all to dedicate to my creative life. Yesterday I didn't get home from work until 9:00pm! It also doesn't help that I'm addicted to a few TV shows (by the way, Lost starts up again tomorrow night).

0 comments: