Monday, October 09, 2006

Home Dep-no

The above title is a play on Home Depot, in case that's not clear. It sounded good in my head, but I guess it didn't translate to text very well. The alternative title to this entry was going to be "We fought the garage door opener, and the garage door opener won," but since we were in fact successful at installing our garage door opener over the weekend, I guess such a title does not apply. That doesn't mean it wasn't a challenge. It took us about 7 hours and included several trips to the dreaded Home Depot. I have yet to develop a fondness for working on home maintenance projects, although I do enjoy the satisfaction of completing them. R and I make a good team. She's got the brains, and I've got the brawn (well, at least out of the two of us).

Speaking of the brains of this operation, she's going to be out of town again on Tuesday through Friday of this week. There will be no steak this time, but I've got a hamburger planned that's gonna kill me (although not literally, I hope). And as long as my job doesn't steal the nights from me, I plan to get some editing done, so keep your eyes open. I managed to get rested up over the weekend, and I'm feeling ultra amibitious.

0 comments: