Monday, January 01, 2007

Xmas blur

And we're back. Our visit to Minnesota wasn't quite as hectic as the title of this entry implies. In fact, parts of the trip were down right relaxing. We spent nine days between three sets of parents, all of whom happen to live in the northern part of the state. We chatted, walked, played board games, ate a lot, drank some, crafted and threw snow snakes, helped put a puzzle together, watched a little DVD, and brushed up on our winter driving. It was a low-key vacation but also a welcomed one. We really enjoyed spending time with the families.

Courtesy of a generous Christmas gift, R and I are now subscribers to XM Radio. It's like listening to an excellent, endless mix tape. The exposure one can get to good music by various artists and bands via a satellite is incredible. After a few months of listening in the car and during dinner, I should be pretty well versed in popular (and some unpopular) music.

I guess 2007 is here. If I was feeling more reflective, I'd probably get into something about resolutions or maybe about how there are so many distractions in today's electronic media saturated society that it's hard sometimes to get any work done. Well, work starts up again tomorrow, and I'm going to do my best at concentrating on the not-so-exciting world of insurance software. I'm feeling strangely motivated at moment. Here's to a rewarding new year!

0 comments: