Sunday, January 21, 2007

Off topic

How about we talk about something other than my video projects today?

The "Wrong Number Project" is almost complete. Dang it--there I go again. I'm having trouble with this.

What else is there to write about? I can't offer any unique perspectives on politics. If you want to read about that stuff, check out CNN.com. Sports are out of my knowledge base too. I could probably give you some more movie reviews (we recently watched Volver, The Illusionist, A Scanner Darkly, and Sweet Land), but I don't want you to think I'm too obsessed with movies (although I am).

Is it narcissistic to write about one's self on one's blog all the time? Probably. But if this is meant to replace my written journal, then I shouldn't feel guilty about it. It serves a purpose. Part of the reason I write in here is so that I have a record of events in my life and also to chart the progress of my video projects. When I decide to look back on my past, that's the stuff that will be interesting to me. I may have one or two regular readers out there, but I am my own audience more so than anybody else.

January is a month with a history of inspiring creativity in me. I like having the cold as an excuse to stay in and dream up what I will work on next. This year, between editing three projects at once, writing a screenplay, updating a blog, and the always-fun surfing of the web, it's possible I have too many things to do on my computer. I don't want to neglect social events or cut into my time with R, so I am trying to keep it all in moderation. I do enjoy other things too. Maybe I'll try to explore some of those other interests in replace of some of my computer time. That might keep me from getting burned out and also give me something else to write about.

Yeah, maybe I'll hook up the ol' Super Nintendo again : )

One last thing for the night--check out these splendid trailers for the new Lynch film. My anticipation is building for a second viewing.

French trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6CIhk_AMRw&eurl

Italian trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzSSG8X9e0&eurl

0 comments: