Monday, January 08, 2007

Coming somewhat soon

In the short lapse between Bud Light videos, I have started editing a trailer for a movie project titled "The Winter War." The movie itself is a 22 minute piece that I spent about a year of my free time editing back in 2004/2005 and subsequently "released" on DVD. Now it feels like the time to bring a condensed, web-friendly version to a computer near you. I'll post the whole story of the project's creation, as documented on the DVD, when I finish the trailer, but the interesting thing you should know up front is that this movie was directed by my little brother, T. I was not involved in the original production phase at all. I was, however, totally inspired by it, and editing it became my passion project. I changed the title, shot one new scene, wrote and recorded the narration, and sort of reinvented it as a companion piece to one of my earliest movies "Marco Polo: A War Film" (which has yet to receive a web treatment as well). Of course T's fingerprints are still all over it too, so the movie plays like a strange hybrid, unlike anything he or I have ever worked on before or after, yet it stands clearly as our own. You can expect to see the trailer in maybe a month or two.

0 comments: