Sunday, August 20, 2006

Opp knocks and Blue Rocks

After work on Friday I met up with a guy from Out & About to discuss a promotional campaign for the magazine. He wants to produce a series of viral videos to promote going out and giving local establishments (their advertisers) some business. Apparently one of the contacts I made in Wilmington gave this guy my resume, and now he wants to contract me out based on the humor of the Cottage Cheese clips he saw online (!). He probably also realized I would work for cheap--an accurate assessment--which would put me ahead of more professional videographers. The nice thing for me is that this is a project I could work on in my spare time, rather than having to quit my day job. The bad thing is that I am very low on spare time these days. My day job has been requiring some overtime, including almost a full day yesterday and a few hours yet to come tonight. Still, I plan to be a part of the video project. I have a few short videos I was planning to make anyway. Maybe I'll be able to incorporate the ideas with the promotional work, and who knows, if I'm given a deadline maybe I'll actually get them done. There is potential for some wide exposure of my work through Out & About. I'd be crazy to pass up such an opportunity.

R and I went to a Wilmington Blue Rocks minor league baseball game this afternoon with some local engineers. It was fun to sit in the sun and eat some junk food. I hadn't watched a baseball game in a while, but I have to admit the game today was rather entertaining, even though it wasn't a nail-biter and our team lost. Who knows--maybe I'll become a huge sports fanatic yet. Maybe.

0 comments: