Friday, April 30, 2010

Five Years

Five years ago I watched the most beautiful woman walk down the aisle of a church in Alabama. We locked teary eyes and stood together in front of our closest family while we exchanged vows. I'll never forget the fiery love I felt on that day and in the time since. Today we celebrate an anniversary, but one day is not enough to express what this relationship means to me. I've been chipping away at it, at least a little bit, each day... and I fully intend to continue.

Yikes! Sorry if my posts have been on the sappy side and not terribly modest lately. Life is good right now, and I'm proud to report it. I realize something like the announcement of R's pregnancy isn't "the biggest news" in everybody else's life, but it is the biggest, most life-changing news in ours and this blog is about our lives after all. Moving to California was big news; Having a child required a grander statement. That's all I meant with the title last time.

We're hitting a bunch of milestones this spring. Come back in about two weeks for another one...

2 comments:

Chelsea Rose said...

I'm gagging, and it's beautiful. Just kidding, glad my sister found such a sensitive, loving guy. Lucky kid too!

Jeff said...

Aw, thanks Chels. I'm working on getting these sappy posts out of my system. My dad-like instincts/tastes are just coming on too strong, too fast.

Anyway, this kid will be lucky to have such a cool aunt and a totally awesome, well-spoken older cousin. Just watched your latest video... impressive pronunciation!