Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Spring is/was here

It was 66 degrees in Delaware on Tuesday. Not bad for January. It makes me want to hop on my bike, but there's not enough daylight for that yet, at least not during the week. My Ultimate Frisbee games have been continuing on Saturdays though, so I am getting outside a little bit.

There's not too much new happening around here. We had some guests for a few nights last week. An old family friend and his girlfriend stayed with us for part of their east coast tour. It was good to catch up with them over a couple of dinners.

My job has been crazy again, yet also strangely exhilarating. I don't mind the work or even being so busy while I'm there. It's the overtime that bothers me the most. If I put in an extra 15 hours during a week, that's 15 fewer hours I have at home. I didn't get anything creative done this week, and I'm lucky we didn't have any plans to go out because I might have missed them. Our social calendar picks up during the later part of this month, so hopefully work calms down by then.

Currently digging:

Music
The Shepherd's Dog by Iron and Wine -- my second favorite album of 2007 and the artist's best to date.
The Reminder by Feist -- See, I do listen to female singers once in a while.

Television on DVD
Flight of the Conchords -- I'm absolutely loving this show. Very funny and rewatchable.
My So-Called Life -- R's choice but I didn't object. Classic, sometimes cheesy, sometimes poetic, 90s TV that I didn't catch the first time around.

Movies
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World -- The best looking/sounding movie we've watched on our new home theater. A perfect example of why we don't go out to the movies much anymore.

Books
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring -- I'm a little behind the times but am really enjoying this so far. R and I recently joined a book club, and I'm worried it's going to get in the way of my reading of this.

0 comments: