Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Bud Light Film Crew #13

I know, I know, I know. I said I was done with the BLFC for a while so that I could work on other projects (and so that I could take a break), but when I got an email to do the January video and heard that nobody was able to fill in for me, I didn't want to leave the producer up a creek. It was not easy to fit into my schedule since I was going to be gone for such a large chunk of December, but I ended up shooting the video the weekend before we left and editing it after we returned on New Year's. I purposely didn't shoot much footage in order to save editing time, and the effort was successful -- it took me about a third as long to do as usual. I also used my new camera, and anything it captures ends up looking great, with a lot less effort than before, so I had that going for me too. The only downside was that it was raining the night of the shoot, and I didn't dare bring the camera outside to get some shots I would have liked. I might have been more daring with the old one.

The fact that the video came together so fast is reassuring. Maybe I can keep doing these for the money, if nothing else. My passion for them is fading, and my friends and family have probably stopped watching them because -- even I'll admit -- they are becoming repetitive, but hey, I feel better about buying equipment when I have this little bit of extra money coming in. If I do one video, there's a new shotgun microphone, just like that. Actually, I need to finish paying for the camera first.

As usual, here's the link: http://www.budlightfilmcrew.com/

0 comments: