Monday, February 05, 2007

Super Bowl weekend

How about that game last night? Yes, we gave in to the hype and watched the Super Bowl this year. I'll admit the game had a few exciting moments. I also enjoyed Prince's performance in the rain, and of course we got a kick out of the commercials. R went so far as to hush me if I talked while they were playing. She didn't want to miss a second. The whole time I kept thinking, I should post the Bud Light Film Crew videos on YouTube. The play count of the Rock, Paper, Scissors Bud Light ad that aired last night is up over 39,000 already. I wonder how many views my videos could have picked up just by having a Bud Light tag attached to them. Anyway, I passed on the opportunity because I didn't know if the people at the magazine would approve. I guess fame will have to wait a little longer : )

Our bigger night out of the weekend was on Saturday. We had three other couples over at our house for a Mexican-themed dinner party. Between cooking and cleaning, it's amazing how throwing even a small gathering can take up most of a weekend. It was totally worth it, however. We had such a great time. It feels good to know that we have made such interesting, fun friends since moving to this new town.

The only other thing we did over the weekend was take a hike through a local park on Sunday afternoon. Our intention was to burn off some Mexican calories and also to take some photos with the new wide-angle and telephoto lenses we recently purchased for our Sony Cybershot. I don't think these lenses will quite give us the results we could get with an SLR, but they should at least get us by until we are ready to invest in a higher end, but less portable, camera. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to show you from Sunday because we pretty much ran out of battery power as soon as we got there. Just think of the vistas of bare trees and frozen streams you'll never get see.

Speaking of photos... I scrapped the old album I had attached to my site and put this one together over the weekend because it will be quicker and easier to update. There's also a permanent link to it in the right column on this page, for future reference.

I need to get to bed. Buenos noches.

0 comments: