Monday, February 12, 2007

Kissing the Liberty Bell

Of course we didn't actually kiss it. The security guards would have freaked out if we had tried. They are pretty protective of the thing; you even need to go through a metal detector to get into the building. But we saw it. Up close. And it was magnificent.

Actually, at the risk of upsetting the ghosts of our founding fathers, it was just a big bell, broken too. That being said, I'm glad we finally made the pilgrimage, a short drive up I-95, on Saturday. We also toured Independence Hall, had a quote about wine printed for us in Ben Franklin's printing office, and walked through various historic squares.

It was a busy weekend all around. On Saturday night we attended a party at some friends' house and had a good time. On Sunday I shot another web video. This one is not for the Bud Light Film Crew, but some of the same people are involved. We sort of covered a bridal show, while advertising for the restaurant where it was held. The host of our video is a guy who will supposedly share screen-time with Mark Walberg in an upcoming movie (albeit brief and non-speaking, as is usually the case with most "famous" people I've met). I believe this video we are putting together will be playing on the CityLife Wilmington website eventually, and if the first one turns out okay, we will have a bi-monthly web series to produce. There's a lot of pressure to make this one more professional and more serious than the Bud Light videos. We even had a script this time! Unfortunately, I have some worries about the results, although I usually do. My equipment is starting to show its limitations. I'm beginning to realize there's a reason professionals in this business use professional-grade lighting and cameras.

So I've been finding some video work. Finding the time to do it is the problem. This week, for example, I'm not going to be able to edit at all until at least Thursday night. I'm going out with coworkers tonight, shooting the next Bud Light video on Tuesday, and dining with my valentine on Wednesday. It also doesn't help that February is a short month. We're not in a leap year by any chance, are we? I need every day I can get.

0 comments: