Monday, September 11, 2006

'Shroom fest

I never really ate mushrooms until a few years ago when R introduced me and they won me over with their unique texture and taste (no, we’re not talking about the hallucinogenic type here). Who would have thought that one day I would attend an event such as the annual Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square, PA, which was held over the weekend? We spent our Sunday afternoon taking an educational tour of a mushroom farm, purchasing a variety of mushrooms to take home with us, and walking around the festival generally soaking up a celebration of the finest of fungi.

It was kind of a low-key weekend, but I'm not complaining. On Saturday morning I had a few hours to do some reshoots for my web video and continue with the editing. Later on in the day, we attended the Brandywine Arts Festival, where we found some gifts for the remaining weddings on our schedule this year. On Saturday night we went out to Feby’s Fishery so I could splurge on king crab legs and a hunk of filet mignon (as I have not been able to get last weekend’s steak out of my head). Then we burned off (some of) the calories on Sunday morning when R and I walked three miles for the American Heart Association’s Heart Walk along with some other DuPonters. All in all it was another good weekend. The weather was nice, and it was fun to stay close to home and enjoy what Wilmington and the surrounding area has to offer.

My new movie is coming along, although there is at least one problem--it looks like I'm trying too hard. I shot the action from so many different angles and have so much footage to choose from that, in the current cut, each shot last lasts a maximum of 2 seconds and you never see the same framing twice. It can be a bit disorientating to watch and difficult to follow the action, so I decided to tone it down a bit. The video still needs to move at a fast pace (you don't have much of a choice if you want to keep something like this under a minute in length), but the editing needs to be simplified and the setting needs to be more firmly established. So that's where it stands. I can't wait for you to see the finished product. Give me another couple of weeks.

0 comments: