Sunday, September 03, 2006

A night like this

There it is, folks--your first exclusive peek at the short web video I shot this afternoon. I have almost an hour of footage for a movie that should be about a minute long. That means editing will be no simple task, but I'm already working on it. I hope it turns out okay. The footage never looks as good as I expect; I guess something gets lost in the translation from imagination to video. I may have also messed up the lighting in a few shots, and even one misstep like that could ruin the whole thing. But, hey, viral videos aren't meant to look too polished anyway.

My weekend has been going well. I ate a steak last night that was sent from heaven--eight ounces of a New York strip grilled to perfection with a beer and a baked potato soaked through with butter. This is the kind of meal where you have to shut off your phone to avoid any chance of interruption. It's become a tradition for me to fix myself a steak dinner whenever R goes away for a weekend. If I had them any more often, I wouldn't appreciate them this much.

After dinner last night, I sat back with another beer and watched Sin City (which was awesome by the way) before falling asleep early on the couch. It was a good night, but this time, tonight, I need to get more desk time out of it. Call me a geek, but I could just sit here at my computer, with some atmospheric music playing, by the glow of my monitor, all night long. The real world's schedule has been doing its best to tear the night owl out of me, but once in a while, over a three-day weekend when I have the place to myself and nowhere to be, I can let it hoot freely.

Tomorrow is labeled "chore day" on my schedule and the weather is clearing up, so it would be good to get a jump on the day, get some things done, and get outside for a while. I hate to say it, but that's what's going to get me into bed at a somewhat decent hour tonight.

One last thing: the second in the series of articles on Jack of Clubs has been posted. Read it here.

0 comments: