Monday, July 17, 2006

Latest from the life of a grip

For those readers of mine living in the Baltimore area (yeah, right), keep a look out for me on your television. I'm being prominently featured in two commercials to be aired on Baltimore cable. They needed somebody to play the clerk at a pharmacy while a customer places some products on the counter. I didn't have any speaking lines, but I did have to give a good smile and look friendly. We were advertising for a company called Caregivers Marketplace. Part of the process involved aging one of the actresses by 40 years with make-up and unflattering lighting. That was pretty cool to witness. The producer of the commercials was a big-time perfectionist, and it meant for a really long day. We had a 7:00am call time and worked until 10:00pm, followed by a 3-hour drive home. That was my Sunday.

We had another 7:00am call time this morning in Claymont, DE where we shot a couple of scenes in a moving city bus. It was a really fun shoot. We strapped a generator to the bike rack on the front of the bus to power our lights. I felt like I was on the set of the movie Speed. We also had to take some exteriors of the bus and the actors inside through the windows. Of course the bus had to be moving in these shots, so we had to close down a street and have the D.P. stand through a sunroof in a vehicle driving next to the bus. I can't wait to see these results. I keep hearing that the DVD will be available in Blockbuster, so you'll have the chance to see them too... in Spring 2007.

0 comments: