Thursday, September 25, 2008

Montaña de Oro

What a terrific little getaway we had last weekend. We originally considered taking a couple of days off and driving the six hours up to Yosemite, but it didn't happen mainly because we've both been busy at work and didn't want to leave it behind (maybe "want" isn't the right word). So instead we spent one night at Montaña de Oro state park, which is about two hours north of here. Hiking along the rocky coast and up the treeless peaks was amazing. I'll let the photos speak for themselves. We also enjoyed cooking dinner--and drinking a bottle of wine--in front of a campfire, under a bright Milky Way. I didn't even attempt to capture that magic with the camera.

Oh, and you can see R's new haircut in the photos too.

1 comments:

Linda Thiltgen said...

Hello Jeff and Raia. Linda Thiltgen here..a voice from your past from Elk River. I am enjoying being connected to your family. As I do have an inner Californian, I am especially happy to see you enjoying California for me! Cheers for a wonderful day. I am so glad you are happy and well. Love, Linda T
www.lindathiltgen.com