Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A new era begins, as soon as I have some free time

Check out the beautiful piece of electronics above. I don't entirely know how to use the thing yet, but I think it's going to produce some fantastic results. If I can be standing behind it when that happens, all the better.

There are way too many things happening this month. December and May are the two months out of the year that never seem to slow down. They are a constant rush of one thing after another. Right now our highest priorities include finishing up our shopping and getting the holiday letter out the door. There have also been a few surprises recently thrown into the mix, like having to sit in an auto shop for four hours on Saturday only to discover I have to drop the car off during the week for an appointment anyway. Maybe I should have bought a new car instead of the new camera. No way -- I love my car (even though I think R secretly wants to trade it in) and I absolutely love the camera! I want to shout it from mountain tops.

We did have time to go out for a nice dinner at 821 Market on Saturday. I've also been slipping in a few minutes of "wasting" time on my computer here and there too; I'm going to be slowly and carefully posting some more clips from the self-proclaimed infamous "Cottage Cheese" video in the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for those. Oh yeah, we also watched a couple of movies over the weekend: Superbad, which was super-better-than-I-would-have-guessed, and an interesting, smaller film called Sleuth, which was playing at Theater N. While we're on the topic of entertainment, R and I will be attending a play on Thursday called The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). It sounds like a fun show.

Work has been hectic again too. I still have a remaining, unscheduled vacation day for this year, but I'm not even sure if I'll be able to use it because there are so many things to do before my scheduled vacation begins. There will be some fun events coming up before the holiday too, like a company happy hour and a team dinner in Philly, so I guess work isn't all bad.

My purchasing of this camera is truly a turning point for me. I've got some big ideas and lofty ambitions. Most likely my projects will be stretched out over so much time that my passion for them fades a bit before they are complete, but I'm excited to be able to continue contributing my part to the vast digital wasteland that is the Internet, now, possibly, with an improved aesthetic. I've said it before: I want to make something memorable, even if it's only memorable for me. This new camera reignites my passion.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on the new camera. Nathan and I look forward to great things from you and the camera in the the new era! (not that you old stuff is not great, but the new stuff will be even better!)