Monday, December 03, 2007

Bud Light Film Crew #12

http://www.budlightfilmcrew.com/

I probably should have cut this month's video shorter, but since it's going to be the last one I do for a while, I wanted to make it a little extra mega. So ends a full year of Bud Light videos; my next project will be to compile them on a DVD and shelf 'em. I'd like to say the videos improved a great deal over the course of the year, but honestly I think the first one remains one of the best. #4 is probably my favorite, however, just because of the sheer energy and craziness of the St. Patrick's day party that we managed to capture. #6 is easily the worst of the collection, but I blame that on the fact that I didn't personally shoot it (I'm pretty arrogant when it comes to this stuff, aren't I?). #8 and #11 are solid videos, especially in their revised/extended forms (now available on YouTube). Speaking of YouTube, #3 is the most watched of my videos on that site, with 1,155 views, probably because it comes up on searches for the Rock/Paper/Scissors Bud Light commercial that aired during last year's SuperBowl. We don't have a way of counting the number of video views on the Out & About website, but the guys there tell me the Bud Light page is relatively popular.

I'm looking forward to having a few months off from the monthly assignment. My new camera is in the mail! I'm going to need some time to learn how to use it. I'm also going to be switching to a newer version of Adobe Premiere for editing, and there might be a learning curve attached to that as well. All in all, my palette will be expanding in 2008. There will hopefully be some opportunities for commercial work, so that I can finish paying for this camera, but what I'm really looking forward to is doing something more creative -- something that tells a story, something that is, maybe, nice to look at.

0 comments: