Friday, June 01, 2007

Bud Light Film Crew #6 - editing only

Remember last month when I was upset with the opening shot in BLFC #5 and I promised softer lighting in the next video? You can forget all about that. This month's video looks like it's on fire, and not in a good way.

I didn't shoot this one. I had other plans that night and was not at the shoot. I just attempted to edit the footage I was given, some of which was too dark, most of which was too bright, and about a third of which had no audio.

No offense to the guy who did shoot it. He accidentally had the exposure on the camera opened all the way up. I should have verified that the auto setting was turned on before lending him the camera.

We had originally tried to reschedule the shoot so I could be there. We got together the night before (a Tuesday) and shot 10 minutes of footage at a nearly empty bar in Trolley Square before realizing it wasn't going to work. Our idea was to profile a bartender on his last night of work, but everything we tried fell flat. The lesson learned: If we're going to shoot during the week, it needs to be done in the college town of Newark. That's the only place in Delaware with life after 9pm.

I'm not posting a link this month. If you do want to check it out despite my warning, you probably know how to find it on your own (hint: the link is the same every month).

Next month the film crew returns to the beach. We're going to shoot the July and August videos on back-to-back days over one weekend. Expect good things.

0 comments: