Sunday, December 10, 2006

The further adventures of Bread Man


Here is a little follow-up to the first Bread Man clip that has been online for some time now. Technically this one was created before the first one, but I haven't given it as much play because it is so deeply flawed. The spatial relations are off. You don't get a sense of where the three characters are positioned in the room. I blame it on a lack of pre-production. Maybe I'll remake it one day, this time mapping it out better beforehand. Actually, no, Bread Man has evolved since the first incarnation you see here. Some new adventures lie ahead for him, and there is no need to go back and revise the past.

The Bud Light Film Crew shoot on Wednesday was a success (I think). I'm about wrapped up with editing my footage. The most difficult part was keeping it under the time limitation. It's tricky to cut 50 minutes of footage down to a minute and a half, yet still cover all of the necessary moments and keep it from looking choppy. To be a good editor you need to be able to sacrifice terrific, but slightly less necessary, shots for the sake of the whole. Web videos are good practice for me because they need to be short and lean in order to hold the fickle audience's attention (no offense). Don't use the Bread Man videos as examples because they were edited three years ago for a TV screen, but my first Bud Light video, due out in January, will hold up on that front. I dare you to find an ounce of fat on it.

0 comments: