Friday, November 03, 2006

Happy belated Halloween!


It is our Halloween tradition to take a photo of ourselves trying to capture the essence of what we carved into our pumpkin. See last year's photo for another example. I think we reached a new level of interpretive genius this year.... Uh, as you can see, Halloween itself went by without much of a bang for us. 15 kids rang our bell and left us with a truck load of extra candy. We didn't even get to watch a scary movie because I got stuck working the whole night. That's okay though--we celebrated on Saturday night instead. Wilmington has this epic "Halloween Loop" each year where 20,000 people get dressed up and ride a bus to 14 or so bars. I went with my wife, my sister-in-law, and my mother-in-law and had a great time. Our costumes were thrown together in the last minute with props we had around the house (I went as Bread Man, in case you can't tell from the photo below), and we spent most of our time in the tamer bars, specifically the Crimson Moon, the Iron Hill Brewery, and Dead Presidents, which suited our style pretty well. But, man, this was the party of the year. There were a bunch of wild people out there and, based on their costumes, a bunch of creative people too. My favorite costume was Bernie, as in Weekend At Bernie's. The guy looked the part, and he had his friends propping him up and hauling him around the whole night. They even formed a smile on his face for him when we took this picture. Other highlights were the family Double-Dare team, the men's Olympic figure skating team, Wayne, Waldo, Fred Flintstone, male bunny bartenders, and bunch of others I can't remember right now. It was a fun night out and a good weekend all around spent with the family we had in town.

0 comments: